"Attitude is the difference between catastrophe and adventure."

Monday, May 14, 2012

Life As It Is

Seeing how as I have made exactly three posts since creating this dang blog, I figured it was time to write up another one. This last week has been crazy busy with my new job at Office Depot. I am not sure how many hours I am actually supposed to work in a week, but last week I ended working like 42 (between babysitting, cleaning, and Office Depot). I was originally scheduled for 26 hours, but one of the cashiers flaked out on Wednesday, so I picked up an extra shift there and then on Saturday, the cashier who was supposed to take over for me decided to take the wrong/extra medication and fell down her stairs, blacked out, etc, etc. Anyways, she ended up at the hospital and I ended up staying at work for a few more hours. But hey, it's like service, right? So bonus points for me. Plus, I get paid, so it all works out in the end. The only problem was I had planned to use my day off to catch up on my book club reading, so now I am about 200 pages behind. I would have tried harder to catch up, but I'm at a boring spot anyways, so we are at exactly zero motivation.
On the bright side, I did watch the season finale of Once Upon A Time. Super great show. Oh, the ending was fabulous! You must watch it if you can. And now I can hardly wait until the fall to see what new magic our lovely TV producers cook up!
I also started going to the singles ward a couple weeks ago. Let me tell you, the first week lived up to the singles ward stereotype perfectly. If you have seen the movie Singles Ward or gone to a singles ward, you know exactly what I am talking about. Luckily, this week was much less singles ward-ish (which isn't always a bad thing. In fact, it's highly entertaining).
I had a realization today- I do not like getting a paycheck. Before you think I'm crazy, let me explain. I have always had direct deposit set up, so my money would automatically go into my checking account. Which means that I do not see what they are taking out for taxes or any of that nonsense. But since I hadn't set up direct deposit yet, my first Office Depot paycheck came in the form of an actual check that I had to take to the bank. And they took out a whole lot of money for stinking taxes. I am so not a fan. Thank goodness I have direct deposit set up now. They can take their taxes and I won't complain because I don't see exactly how much it is. Ignorance is bliss, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment